Saturday, February 10, 2007

CPS in the News 2

WBZ-TV also featured the Morse School and the Cambridge healthy foods campaign in a broadcast on January 30, 2007.

See more cute kids, this time eating real food like apples, cucumbers, and lentil soup (!). If I'm not mistaken, I think I saw a glimpse of my former colleague, Alice Turkel, handing out samples at the end.

There's also a nice testimonial by a parent about how the CPS Health and Fitness Report Card helped her become more attentive to eating and exercise at home.

According to this report, the Cambridge campaign appears to have resulted in 300 more children attaining healthy weights.

I have written on this blog already about this campaign, which is getting lots of national attention. For the earlier entry, click here.

To see the video, Click here, and then use the search function. I typed in "healthy foods". The story is called "Healthy Foods on Lunch Menu in Cambridge Schools."

No comments: